| Home | E-Submission | Sitemap | Editorial Office |  
top_img
Korean J Child Stud > Volume 33(4); 2012 > Article
Korean Journal of Child Studies 2012;33(4): 107-127.
doi: https://doi.org/10.5723/KJCS.2012.33.4.107
그룹홈과 아동양육시설의 운영성과에 영향을 미치는 요인: Blinder-Oaxaca 분해를 중심으로
정익중 , 전종설 , 우석진 , 강현아 , 이정애
The Factors Influencing Service Outcomes of Group Homes and Residential Care Centers: Focusing on Blinder-Oaxaca Decomposition
Ick Joong Chung , Jong Serl Chun , Seok Jin Woo , Hyun Ah Kang , Jung Ae Lee
Abstract
This study investigates the factors influencing service outcomes of group homes and residential care centers, as well as the factors causing any differences between the two service outcomes. 119 and 137 5-6th graders were selected from group homes and residential care centers respectively, using the cluster sampling method. Multiple regression and Blinder-Oaxaca decomposition were used in this study. The results revealed that ``stigma``, ``school adjustment``, and ``social support`` were significant factors influencing service outcomes among children in group homes, while ``stigma``, ``primary caregivers`` attitude``, and ``peer relations`` were identified as significant factors among children in residential care centers. The study also found that the mean service outcome score for group homes was higher than that of residential care centers. The 74 percent of this difference in the mean scores was due to the difference in children` characteristics of the two out-of-home care service types. The remaining 26 percent of this difference was due to unobserved characteristics. Finally, the implications of this study in child welfare practices were also discussed.
Key Words: out-of-home care, group home, residential care center, service outcome, deinstitutionalization
주요어: 가정외 보호, 그룹홈, 아동양육시설, 운영성과, 탈시설화
TOOLS
PDF Links  PDF Links
Full text via DOI  Full text via DOI
Download Citation  Download Citation
Share:      
METRICS
4
Crossref
2,199
View
14
Download
Related article
Editorial Office
The Korean Association of Child Studies
S1433-1, Myongji University,
34, Geobukgol-ro, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, 03674, Republic of Korea
TEL: +82-10-7704-8342   E-mail: gochildren@hanmail.net
About |  Browse Articles |  Current Issue |  For Authors and Reviewers
Copyright © The Korean Association of Child Studies.                 Developed in M2PI